Tuesday 6 November 2012

We've caught our breath...


I'm sitting here at our dining room table typing away for the first time in what seems an eternity. I have music playing-a sure sign to me that my spirits are are on waxing. My choice of music currently causes me to feel a tad maudlin perhaps heart heavy. I'm listening to Shakespeare's Sonnets played on medieval musical instruments, & while they are beautiful they seem to remind me of a love I didn't have or indeed was able to return. What I returned was duty which emotionally isn't enough if a relationship (at whatever level it is) is to survive. But.....
 Events in our family home have taken a different tack over the last week or so, I won't bore any of you with them though! However mother fell again last week ended up again (for the second time within 5 days) in the local accident dept.  We have reluctantly decided that to have her stay with us is too risky. She requires 24 hr care; we weren't receiving any support nor help from either the healthcare/social work system nor other members of the family, so for mother's & ours we decided that residential care is the best option. She doesn't like this however: She becomes angry and verbalises her feelings saying that if this occurs we are "not to come & see her, to leave her & to let her rot (as she puts it) in the home"
I have mixed feelings about all this but such are the pains of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment