Tuesday 29 October 2013

Baked potatoes??

I  gave my books & my brain a rest this evening & I wish I hadn't bothered.
I spent a large part of my evening in mind numbing wastage watching gutter television.There appears to be a glut of programmes-the majority fly on the wall documentaries-with the theme of mental illness,& nearly all of these are about Obessional compulsive disorder.
Tonight the programme producers had suffers cleaning the cluttered & filthy houses of hoarders.On Thursday we have the treat of yet another fly on the wall documentary,this time the programme comes from Bedlam psychiatric hospital in London. It apparently features patients suffering from a range of mental health problems.
I'm delighted that mental health is becoming a conversation in the public domain, in fact the UK spends much less on mental health than on physical health, yet the majority of medications issued by family doctors are for mental health issues.

But: Why the baked potatoes?? I'll tell ya. During the commercial break there was a very flashy commercial that was advertising pre packed baked spuds. Apparently they cook in just 1hour!! This is absolutely incredible!! Have people become so utterly lazy &/or incompetent in their ability to cook that food manufacturers now have to sell pre prepared baked spuds?-It seems so.
We have allowed ourselves to become disempowered by these rascals who claim to be making life easier for us.
Whatever next??

No comments:

Post a Comment