Thursday 18 February 2010

More snow!

Its twelve months almost exactly to the day...it snowed on February 18th 2009, & here we are again more of the bloody white stuff! I'm sick of it but I tell you what, with only 27 working days left in fulltime employment I am NOT too stressed whether or not I go to the dungeon first thing in the morning Sod it!
I think that I've landed myself a part time job when I finally leave (did I mention that I was going to retire??)-I've negotiated three days working in the depot & venpuncture clinic. Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. That suits me, its only a band 5 but that's ok. I'm hoping to start in early May but first I have to retrain as a 'blood letter'.

I went out for a curry with an old colleague the other day. He was very reassuring about all this retirement stuff. I don't (at least for the present!) feel so apprehensive & maudlin about the prospect of giving up full time work.In fact work is starting to bore the life out of me. I get there & just don't want to be there. I like the people, talking to them-colleagues & patients but all the associated crap is now so tiresome. I just want to do the basic minimum

I've been thinking....When the General Election is finally announced that I'll put £1 on Labour to win. I've had a bit of a rethink about Gordon Brown. I reckon that he is a man of morals, & maybe he hasn't made too bad a job of getting us back on a level footing, after all it was those wanker bankers & their greed that got us into the financial mess we're in. But,I hear you say, "Brown was too weak to rein the bastards in". True. But c'mon...for a quid? Its a worthwhile bet I think.
I think now that I'm gonna go up to the attic windows, scoop up some snow, make snowballs & throw 'em at the parked cars! The thud they make when they hit the roof is fantastic! "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional" as the saying goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment