Saturday 29 January 2011

Another poem I enjoyed today.


I make no apology for posting poetry people, and today I'd like to share one of Henry Longfellow's poems with you.

Longfellow was one of the great American poets- (by far the greatest in my opinion was Walt Whitman who's work I would commend to you)-who lived between 1807-1882. He had a sad adult life, both of his wives dying tragically.

Anyhow, I post this poem because its -2*c here in Kings Heath & it feels like snow!



Snowflakes


Out of the bosom of the Air,

Out of the cloud-folds of her garments shaken,

Over the woodlands brown and bare

Over the harvest-fields forsaken,

Silent and soft and slow

Descends the snow.


Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

2 comments:

  1. that is beautiful and so timely....we woke up to about 4 inches today. Not too bad compared to what other people are getting. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The central heating's full on here Caron! And guess who's lying supine as close as he can get to heat source??!!
    Stay warm yourself.

    x

    ReplyDelete