Saturday 18 June 2011

A Rant

 
                                                                      

Just in case any of you readers may have forgotten I would respectfully like to take this opportunity to remind you that I am a 'grumpy old man'.
The object of my grumpiness at the moment is that money making scam known as 'Fathers Day'. This weekend in the UK sees the 'celebration' of that same racket. Its all bullshit in my opinion. Along with its sister racket/scam: 'Mothers Day'; I believe its a money making racket for card manufacturers, florists, confectioners, & anyone else involved in the cheap tacky gift business. People drive (thankfully my kids aren't in this category) miles to spend a few hours with their parent(s) on these days, & then, job done, they might not bother for the next 12 months! I have observed that florists put up their prices on the week approaching 'Mothers Day'. Bastards.
Its a racket. An opportunity for insincerity, & i cannot bare insincerity.

No comments:

Post a Comment